Epson Australia Pty Limited ("Epson") understands that your privacy is important to you and recognizes the importance of respecting its customer privacy over the Internet.
Epson operates a number of websites ("Sites") and Epson may collect from you, and (in certain circumstances) disclose to third parties information that can personally identify you ("Personal Information").
This section applies if the person wishing to register with one of our Sites is below the age of 13 years ("a Child").
By registering with any of our Sites, you confirm to Epson that:
- You are at least 13 years of age; or
- Your Parent has consented to your registration, if you are below the age of 13.
A Child must not register with any of our Sites unless its Parent gives its prior consent as explained below.
For this purpose, "Parent" includes a legal guardian or other person responsible for the day-to-day care and control of the Child.
The Child's Parent must confirm, according to the procedure set out on the Site:
- That it understands Epson's policy on collection of Personal Information as set out above
- That it consents to the supply of Personal Information relating to the Child
- That it understands and consents to Epson's intended use of such Personal Information as explained above.
NOTICE TO PARENTS
Epson gives you notice that:
- At any time, you may review your Child's Personal Information and request Epson to delete it, in which case your Child's registration for that Site will be cancelled; and
- You may refuse to allow Epson to collect further Personal Information relating to your Child.
To do any of the above, a Parent must do the following:
Click here and fill in the supplied form with your changes regarding your child's use of the site. Fill in your contact details as well so that we may contact you to confirm your wishes.
In particular (but without limitation), Epson may obtain identifying information from you, if you wish to:
- Enter one of our competitions or promotions
- Register with one of our Sites, such as Club Epson
- Register your Epson product
- Request product information
- Request technical support
WHAT INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT?
In these instances, Epson may request Personal Information, which may include
- Your name
- Home or Postal Address
- E-mail address
- Phone number
We may also collect further information for our marketing and research purposes, which may include (but without limitation)
- How you found out about the Site
- Details of Epson products currently used by you
- Your feedback on Epson products or programs
SITE MEMBERSHIP AND PASSWORD
By completing the site registration form you'll have access to all the sites within Club Epson. You will be free to change any of this information or to have this information removed from our membership database, as explained below.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Epson may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To send you information by mail or email relating to our products, services, promotions and competitions,
- To survey you (directly by email or via our Site) to obtain information on your use of our products or Sites,
- Epson may also disclose Personal Information to independent research agencies who have been contracted to act on behalf of Epson, for the sole purpose of instructing them to conduct product or customer research. Such agencies will be bound not to use or disclose Person Information for any other purpose.
- To send you a prize or reward that you have won by taking part in one of our competitions or promotions,
- To send you products that you have purchased through Epson's Shop On Line and for this purpose only. Epson may disclose your details to a third party for fulfillment of that order.
Epson will not share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to other companies or organizations, unless required by law to do so.
Epson may disclose statistics regarding its customers and Site visitors to advertisers, business partners and other third parties, but no identifying Personal Information will be disclosed in this process.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information confidential and to protect it from misuse, unauthorised access or modification or disclosure.
We have implemented and will maintain accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect your Personal Information.
OPTING-OUT AND UPDATING INFORMATION
If you wish to remove your Personal Information from our mailing list or Site membership, you may do so at any time by editing your account details on any of our Sites.
If you wish to update your Personal Information (such as notifying us of a change of address), you may do so by editing your account details on any of our Sites.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Some Epson Sites may provide you with opportunities to link to other Internet sites ("Third Party Sites") that are not operated by Epson and which have different privacy and data collection practices.
If you choose to link from this Site to a Third Party Site, Epson will have no responsibility for the privacy of any information that you may submit to that Third Party Site operator.
HOW TO CONTACT US